Check out this article at the Durango Herald! Montezuma County purchases three electric vehicles. Why would a small, rural county in the Four Corners choose EVs? Read the article to find out. Better yet, send the link to your county’s administrator. “Efficiency, cost savings cited”
News from La Plata Electric Association on the charging infrastructure:
- There will be a new Level 2 charger at the Bayfield, Colorado Town Hall parking lot by Memorial Day, 2020.
- The locations for the Colorado Energy Office (CEO) Fast-Charging Corridors are still up in the air for Pagosa Springs and Durango.
- We know the grant money has been awarded by CEO to ChargePoint for these chargers. Hopefully the locations will be settled on SOON!
LPEA’s home charger program has changed in some really positive ways since the description in the ad below:
- They have removed the requirement that the car be purchased after Jan 1, 2019, so now all cars qualify.
- They have just this week removed the requirement to be on their time-of-use rate, so now anyone is eligible.
- LPEA has FREE Chargepoint units that they provide or rebates towards the purchase of your own charger, as well as rebates to help with the electrical cost of installing the appropriate outlet.
By Sarah Kelly